Labels

Followers

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Breakfast of Champions





 Power French Toast
So I have to toot my horn a little bit, because I made an awesome breakfast!  I have been eating oatmeal or egg whites most mornings and decided I needed to change it up a bit and it wasn't only delish but quick, easy, and most importantly a complete meal.  

I had some sprouted bread in the fridge that probably would have hung out there until it was moldy. I soaked it in 100 % egg whites and a dash of vanilla until the bread was nice and saturated.  I cooked the bread until it was golden brown and topped with frozen mixed berries for a punch of antioxidants, chia seeds for healthy fats, and sprinkled on some protein powder for a little twist on texture and to increase the protein in my meal.  Oh and I cant forget a little dash of cinnamon to top it off.

It was great fuel for my workout today which consisted of a total body lift. Getting Strong!

Here is a link to learn more about the power food the chia seed :
http://www.livestrong.com/article/81835-chia-seed-nutrition/  (copy and paste)
*pictured without seeds and protein..looks a little more appealing for the photo:)
HAPPY WEDNESDAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment